Apple Gruyere Sweet Potatoes
Caramelized, diced apples in mashed sweet potatoes topped with Gruyere cheese and baked until golden brown.
Suggested Menu Price: $2.99
Approx. Cost: $0.46
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Yield: 21 servings, half-cup each
- 1 pch Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Sweet Potato Mashed, prepared
- 5 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 lb Apples, diced (Granny Smith or Gala)
- 8 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Sweet Potato Mashed according to package directions without butter in a 2½-inch deep, half-steamtable pan.
- Heat butter in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Stir in apples.
- Cook apples, stirring occasionally, until caramelized on one side and unevenly dark brown, about 6 min.
- Stir caramelized apples into prepared sweet potatoes. Top with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 min. Serve.