Chili Shepherd’s Pie
Hearty ground beef chili baked beneath a golden-brown crust of rich, buttery mashed potatoes.
Suggested Menu Price: $4.99
Approx. Cost: $0.65
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Yield: 12 servings, one cup each
- 6 cups Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 1 package Santiago® Quick-Start® Vegetarian Chili with Red Beans
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes according to package directions, set aside.
- Prepare Santiago® Quick-Start® Vegetarian Chili with Red Beans, according to package directions with cooked ground beef.
- Transfer chili to a half-size, steam table pan. Top with piped Potato Pearls® Mashed and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake until golden brown and heated through, about 20 min. Let cool 5 min. before serving.