Cranberry-Orange Ginger Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potato mashed flavored with orange juice, grated ginger, fresh and dried cranberries.
Suggested Price: $3.49
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 21 servings, half-cup each
- 1 package Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Sweet Potato Mashed
- 5 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 2 qt water, hot (170°-190°F)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries (Craisins®)
- 1 Tbsp ginger, fresh, grated
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Sweet Potato Mashed, butter, dried cranberries and ginger into a 2-1/2 inch deep, half-steamtable pan.
- Combine hot water and orange juice concentrate. Pour over sweet potatoes stirring from corner to corner in a figure 8 motion. Let rest for 5 min in steamtable.
- Stir cranberries, sugar and water in a small bowl until sugar has dissolved and cranberries are evenly coated. Spread cranberry-sugar mixture evenly on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake, covered, until cranberries have popped, about 30 min. Place on steamtable until ready to serve.