French Onion Mashed Potatoes
- 1 package Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes*
- 3 1/2 qt Water, hot (170°-190°F)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 8 oz Cream cheese, small cubes
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 3 cups Caramelized onions
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- Add hot water, milk, sour cream, cream cheese and garlic powder to a 6-inch deep, half-steamtable pan. Whisk together until cheese is melted.
- Quickly add Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes. Stir with a slotted spoon, 15-20 sec. making sure to cover all 4 corners. Allow to sit for 5 min. Stir well.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Top with caramelized onions and Gruyere cheese. Bake, until cheese has melted and turned golden brown, about 25 min. Serve immediately.
*Can substitute with Potato Pearls® Smart Servings™ Mashed Potatoes.