Potato Leek Soup
A potato and leek soup finished with tangy buttermilk and garnished with diced potatoes and herbs. Served hot or cold.
Suggested Menu Price: $
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Yield: 20 servings, 1-cup each
- 1 pouch Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Butter Recipe Mashed Potatoes,*prepared
- 8 cups Golden Grill® Diced Potatoes, prepared, cold
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Salt, kosher
- 1 1/2 cups White wine
- 2 gal Water
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 1/2 cup Herbs or micro-herbs (parsley, chervil, fennel, etc) chopped
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained, chopped
- 1 cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add leeks, onions and salt. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and translucent, about 10 min.
- Add white wine and reduce by half, about 5 min.
- Add water and bring stockpot to a rolling boil, then remove from heat.
- Blend with an immersion blender until vegetables are smooth, about 1 min. Add Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Butter Recipe Mashed Potatoes while continuing to blend until smooth, about 1 min.
- Stir in buttermilk and black pepper.
- Prepare garnish by tossing Golden Grill® Diced Potatoes, herbs and capers in large mixing bowl, refrigerate.
- Serve soup cold or hot garnished with diced potato mixture. Drizzle soup with extra virgin olive oil.
- *Can substitute with any Potato Pearls® Mashed Potatoes.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories – 106
Fat – 8 g
Protein – 1 g
Carbs – 6 g
Sodium – 202 mg
SatFat – 2 g
Fiber – 1 g
Potassium – 79 mg