Red-Eye Bean Gravy
A unique bean-based gravy flavored with bacon and coffee. Perfect for any day part.
Suggested Price: $2.99
Yield: 160 servings, half-cup each
- 1 package Santiago® Refried Beans*
- 2 bunches green onions, very thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 2 qts coffee, decaffeinated
- 1-1/2 qts water, boiling (190°-212°F)
- 2 cups ketchup
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Stir in coffee, water and ketchup.
- Stir in Santiago® Refried Beans, return to a boil stirring frequently. Lower heat to simmer and cook stirring occasionally until mixture is thickened, about 20 min. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with biscuits over mashed potatoes or hashbrowns.
*May use any Santiago® Beans products.